- I don’t want to cook today.
- I don’t want to clean today.
- I don’t want to bake cupcakes and go shopping today.
- I don’t want to be sweet and patient and attentive.
- I don’t want to organize another thing today.
- I don’t want to referree disagreements, and train my children today.
- I don’t……
I just want to be a selfish woman today.
- I WILL cook 3 meals today cheerfully and with a thankful heart that we have food to prepare.
- I WILL clean up after those meals and clean whatever else I find time for.
- I WILL bake cupcakes and go shopping so that we can enjoy my youngest daughters birthday tomorrow.
- I WILL do my best to be sweet and patient and attentive to each of my children today. Knowing that these days are fleeting and I’ll treasure every conversation later.
- I WILL organize some other area of my home today to make my family’s life easier in some way.
- I WILL referree disagreements and train my children today. This is so that I can reap the rewards of that training tomorrow.
- I WILL…..
You know why I will? Because I am supposed to work as unto the Lord. And love my neighbor as myself. And if I’m being my own selfish woman today then I am not working as unto the Lord, I’m serving only myself. And if I’m only serving myself, then I can’t possibly be loving my neighbor as myself, because I am too focused on me.
So, how about you? What are you going to do today that you just don’t want to?