Today I’ve been doing web searches with a Christmas-y mindset. First I have been looking at things to make for gifts. I always find way more ideas than I have time to make. But it’s such fun looking at them all.
Then I started looking for a way to make a cute advent calender to count down for the children. I have seen this one at Keepsake Quilting, but I don’t have the money to order it even though it isn’t that pricey. So, I’ve been on the search to find something cute I can make for not so much money.
Here is what I have found so far:
- This is a cute one made of felt with a template. It has pockets that are strung up and filled. Very cute!
- Here are links to various other advent countdown ideas, including a toilet paper tube tree to count down.
- This link is for a Christmas tree pocket countdown calendar. This is a fabric calendar and is a really cute idea!
- This one is made out of felt and is very cute.
- This is a cute idea for a garland style countdown.
- This one is a banner style and very cute. A very simple design, it could be made really cute if the children help embellish it.
- Here is a scrapbooking version of an advent calendar.
- This one is super cute, little stockings to hang 🙂
- This is quite an elegant one.
- This site has a more meaningful design. I really like it.
- Here is a simple design that is a long skinny banner type. This one is not meant to be reusable.
- This link has the search results for advent at family fun magazine’s website.
I’m sure that there are a lot more great calendar links out there. But as a busy mom, I don’t have time to search anymore. I spent too much time today searching, lol. Time that in retrospect I maybe should have spent in actually making a Christmas gift or two. I am not really any closer to choosing a calendar to make either. There are a lot of cute ones out there. I’m just not sure if any of those are right for our home.