Today the girls and I made some snowglobe soaps. I saw how to do this on this blog.
To make them you need:
- Melt and pour clear gycerin soap
- Soap glitter (we used regular glitter)
- Scent (we didn’t use any)
- Soap coloring (we just used a single drop of good old food coloring)
- Ice cube trays
- Bar of white soap (we used Dial)
- Tiny ornaments, buttons or whatever strikes your fancy that will fit into an ice cube tray
I followed the instructions from that blog. The only thing that we would change next time is that I would pour a very small amount into each mold and hold the ornament with my fingers until it set. Then I would fill it the rest of the way. It was challenging to hold the tiny slippery ornaments upright with toothpicks until they set enough to stay on their own.
These turned out super cute! I am not a very good photographer so the pictures really don’t do them justice. The girls wrapped them up and they are ready to go!