I just made a recipe for Triple Delicious Hot Chocolate. It was the absolute best hot chocolate that I have ever had! I got the recipe from the Fix-It and Forget-It Christmas Cookbook, it’s on page 239 of my hardcover edition if you should have the book.
Now for the recipe.
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups milk, divided (I added an extra cup of milk to stretch this farther)
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup heavy cream
1 square (1 oz) bittersweet chocolate
1 square (1 oz) white chocolate
3/4 cup whipped topping
6 tsp mini chocolate chips, or shaved bittersweet chocolate (I used the mini semi-sweet chips)
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and 1/2 cup milk in medium-sized bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add remaining 2-1/2 cups milk and vanilla to slow cooker. Cover. Cook on Low 2 hours.
- Stir in cream. Cover and cook on Low for 10 minutes or until it’s hot again.
- Stir in bittersweet and white chocolates until melted.
- Pour hot chocolate into 6 mugs. Top each with 2 Tbs whipped topping and 1 tsp. chocolate chips.
I hope you enjoy this! It is totally not diet friendly and is something to be enjoyed only on special occassions 😉